Cubehead - r. Janczarski died yeserday

The Cubic Awareness forum is it was until a few days after the death of Cubehead.

Cubehead - r. Janczarski died yeserday

Postby hanschess » Wed Feb 13, 2008 04:23

My former student Richard Janczaski died yesterday. He took his own life.
I did an internet search on him and found this forum. I registered so that I could inform you of this.

Richard played the violin and benefitted a great deal from music. He was a shy student and found it difficult to fit in. He was a gifted computer programmer.
I'm sure he brought lively debate and hopefully contributed to 'stretching' peoples thinking even if different from their own ideas.
Please give him a thought.
Regards,
Hans
hanschess
(Disenfranchised)

Re: Cubehead - r. Janczarski died yeserday

Postby Brad Reddekopp » Wed Feb 13, 2008 04:54

For what it's worth, IP search suggests that the above post originated in Australia at BigPond.net
People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs.
- Brad Reddekopp

No deity required!
W.O.A.
Einstein@Home
Rosetta@Home
Brad Reddekopp
Wicked Old Atheist

Postby King Koopa » Wed Feb 13, 2008 06:35

Thank you Hans for telling us this. I find this shocking news.
King Koopa
(Dilettante)

Postby TheDemiprist » Wed Feb 13, 2008 09:19

I want to see a public report (newspaper, witness opinions) something, before i accept the claim above.
he never told me he played the violin though, that's rather impressive.
anyways....please continue.
TheDemiprist

Postby Hierophant » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:15

I find this somewhat hard to believe without either more identification of the poster or official news about the event. Granted, we did not know Richard very much, but he did not seem to exhibit suicidal tendencies.

(hmm.. if this is true, would Gene Ray's threats on this board be partly responsible for Richard's suicide?)
Hierophant
Seditious Bastard

Postby TheDemiprist » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:39

Francois Tremblay wrote:I find this somewhat hard to believe without either more identification of the poster or official news about the event. Granted, we did not know Richard very much, but he did not seem to exhibit suicidal tendencies.

(hmm.. if this is true, would Gene Ray's threats on this board be partly responsible for Richard's suicide?)

Aggreed, I didn't see any signs of suicidal influence or approachment as a means of resolving a problem.
(it would be the responsbility of the posters of this board, i don't think we've comfirmed it was actually Gene Ray though)
I honestly doubt it, he's been a very busy senior citizen lately attending lectures in various areas of the south coast.
there was some speculation of stolen data and hacking into TimeCube.com/ done by Richard while he visited Gene aswel.
without approval it does seem to make sense as the act of an online criminal of sorts, i still have my doubts on that much.
i can't clarify anything as of yet, but the scales seem even (aside from this suicide claim & the whole legal issue).
TheDemiprist

Postby A Skeptic » Wed Feb 13, 2008 13:08

I really hope this isn't true. I agree with Francois, though. I must admit that this is hard to believe without anything else indicating its truth. Some more information would be helpful.

Of course, all that would be needed for it to be disproved is for Cubehead to post on here again. If he doesn't post on here ever again, then maybe it's true...
Last edited by A Skeptic on Wed Feb 13, 2008 14:30, edited 1 time in total.
A Skeptic
(Ivory Tower Intellectual)

Postby hanschess » Wed Feb 13, 2008 13:41

Hello,
Richard had been receiving pyschiatric help for a few years and was thought to be improving.
I will keep my eye out in the Melbourne Herald Sun for the death notice and will post the url if its on their website.
Regards
hanschess
hanschess
(Disenfranchised)

Postby Hierophant » Wed Feb 13, 2008 14:09

Thank you hanschess, that would really confirm this for us. The fact is, you probably are who you claim to be, but there's no way for us to know this at present time. We don't mean any insult by this.

If this is indeed true and Richard has killed himself, then I am extremely saddened by this turn of events. I liked Richard. Even though he never tried to be close to anyone here, he was with us probably more often than anyone else. His suicide may have been prompted by threats from a person he considered a mentor, and we find this situation very deplorable.

If Richard is dead, then we will not be able to attend his funeral, but I definitely want to hold an online eulogy for him on Skype. He was an important part of this board.
Hierophant
Seditious Bastard

Postby A Skeptic » Wed Feb 13, 2008 14:34

I'm sorry if I seemed rather unfriendly in my earlier post. Thanks for posting the notice Hans.
A Skeptic
(Ivory Tower Intellectual)

Postby otalp3 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 15:32

i never would have heard of time cube if it wasnt for him. how ever evil and stupid i am it is still interesting to me. thanks cubehead
otalp3
(Armchair Philosopher)

Postby Brad Reddekopp » Wed Feb 13, 2008 15:33

Assuming that Richard's commitment to Time Cube was genuine, he would have experienced his being rejected by Gene Ray as a profound loss. Assuming that this report of his death is true, then we have witnessed two extreme reactions to that loss: his sudden and unexpected conversion to Christianity and his death.

That doesn't make Gene Ray responsible for his death. The vast majority of people who experience profound loss don't respond by taking their own lives. So, when someone does respond that way, I think we should look for an explanation (if an explanation is needed at all) to the person who actually did the deed. To take away some of the responsibility from Richard may seem like a sort of a kindness but it really is not. Let us do him the dignity of assuming that he was responsible for himself.
People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs.
- Brad Reddekopp

No deity required!
W.O.A.
Einstein@Home
Rosetta@Home
Brad Reddekopp
Wicked Old Atheist

Postby Dead Kangaroo » Wed Feb 13, 2008 16:14

http://www.rationalwiki.com/wiki/index. ... _TIME_CUBE

If he has passed on, I suggest taking this forum to the museum.
 Image Image---Image---Image Image
Heres to the late Cubehead, for he was a silly but lovely guy, rest in peace me ol' bugger! 
Dead Kangaroo
(Philosopher-King)

Postby Hierophant » Wed Feb 13, 2008 16:57

Dead Kangaroo wrote:If he has passed on, I suggest taking this forum to the museum.

Well, as this board is now officially Market Anarchist, I think we should follow what MA theory says on this issue. Since the section was technically owned by Cubehead, and he may now be dead, ownership would be reverted to the commons until it is homesteaded by someone else.
Hierophant
Seditious Bastard

Postby TheDemiprist » Wed Feb 13, 2008 17:23

That's fine, i'll be absent from the forum for some time though.
TheDemiprist

Next

Return to Cubic Awareness - Time Cube